Saturday 26 September 2009

Leon Camier heads into qualifying at MCE British Superbike Championship at Silverstone

Airwaves-Yamaha

Leon Camier is confident that he can lift the title on Sunday.

Camier's impressive form gives him a 99.5-point advantage over his Airwaves Yamaha team-mate James Ellison and he needs only to finish ahead of him to secure his maiden BSB title.

"I have to come to Silverstone and treat this weekend as every other this season, as I am trying not to think too much about the championship," Camier said. "I know that I don't need to do anything silly and that I just need to beat James, but he is going to be up there so I need to just focus on doing my own thing. For me it is more about having it all to lose rather than to win, but who knows what will happen especially when the red mist comes down. This is a big weekend for me and the Airwaves Yamaha team and I need to keep focussed as it is not all over yet."

Ducati also return to the grid, with Michael Rutter racing the final two rounds of the season.

"I was desperate to get back out there for the final two rounds," Rutter said. "It's definitely good to be bringing Ducati back to the championship; my dad won with Ducati and I have won several races with them, including on this bike last year at Mallory Park so we know we should be competitive. We just missed the podium at Silverstone last season and I want to come back and make an impression as soon as I can."

More news here

TheBikeNut

Airwaves-Yamaha

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online